WEBINAR: Fate of Non-Organic Packaging Materials from De-Packaging Operations
The Northeast Waste Management Officials’ Association (NEWMOA) and the Northeast Recycling Council (NERC) are co-sponsoring a webinar on de-packaging operations for processing food waste. De-packaging is growing as a way of making the significant amount of waste from unused packaged food available for anaerobic digestion and composting. During the webinar, attendees will hear from operators of de-packaging facilities.
The webinar will cover:
- How do de-packaging operations work?
- What are the non-organic materials generated by de-packagers?
- What happens to the non-organic materials – what and how much is recycled and how much ends up as waste?
- The impact of de-packaging on organic material and the potential for transfer of contaminants, including micro-plastics
- Ryan Harb & Matthew Lillie, Vanguard Renewables
- Rashi Akki & Dan Woodger, Ag-Grid Energy
- Eric Roy, University of Vermont