Why You Should Attend Sustainable Oregon 2023
Sustainable Oregon 2023 is SOLD OUT.
Please contact Amy Roth if you would like to be added to the wait list in the event of cancelations.
Alternatively, the recording package can be purchased for $100 and will include the following sessions:
1) 2023 DEQ RMA Update Plenary
2) 2023 Legislative Successes and Future Priorities
3) 2023 Plenary: EPR in Oregon: PROs' Perspective
4) Diverting Waste and Developing Reuse Workforce through Creative Collaboration
5) Rural Communities in Action
6) Partners in Prosperity: How Public Private Partnerships Can Accelerate Equitable Reuse
7) Sustainable Oregon Awards
AOR’s 2023 Sustainable Oregon Conference is the place to be for anyone with an interest in materials management in Oregon. The Sustainable Oregon Conference is the most affordable materials management conference on the West Coast and the investment in continuing education, networking, and collaborative opportunities cannot be surpassed by any other experience.
- Learning – This year’s conference features one workshop, two tours, three plenaries and 14 concurrent sessions over the course of three days – October 9-11th, 2023.
- Connecting – Our conference draws over 200 representatives from the materials management industry from Oregon and beyond. Attendees can connect to share best practices, discuss issues related to materials management, and collaborate with fellow industry professionals on the challenges impacting Oregon.
- Engaging – At the conference, we host informal table topic discussion during our breakfasts where attendees can partake in deeper conversations on issues most important to them. This year’s conversations will focus on equity, reuse, packaging, and more. Our Sustainable Oregon Awards are presented during the conference to recognize and celebrate individuals and organizations who have made exceptional contributions in the field of materials management in Oregon.
- Key Topics for 2023 - Attendees will hear from experts who are leading programs and policies throughout Oregon and beyond. Key topics include extended producer responsibility (EPR), updates on Oregon’s Recycling Modernization Act, including presentations from the interested Producer Responsibility Organizations (PROs), scaling reuse, shifting behavior change, operationalizing equity in the workplace, food waste, composting and more.
What is the investment?
- Conference Registration Fee is $495 for AOR members (through 8/31) and includes two breakfasts, two lunches, and two dinners, as well as networking breaks and all conference materials and experiences. (Rates increase on 9/1)
- Lodging is available at our negotiated discounted rate for conference attendees.
- Sustainable Oregon 2023 will be held at the Salishan Coastal Lodge in Gleneden Beach, located on the beautiful Central Oregon coast.
Return on Investment
- Attendees will have the greatest opportunity to learn firsthand from the leading professionals about recycling issues. All it takes is one new industry connection to see the benefit of networking that cannot be accomplished anywhere else!
- The Sustainable Oregon Conference is an in-person event with no virtual option. AOR believes that there is no equivalent experience to in-person relationship building, in-person education, and hands-on learning.
- AOR is a mission-driven nonprofit 501c(6) with over four decades of hosting an annual conference, and this conference, like all of our events, will provide leadership and education to foster the expansion, diversity, and economic vitality of recycling for Oregon's materials management industry.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!