Oregon Department of Environmental Protection - Materials Management Manager (Principal Executive/Manager E)
Department of Environmental Quality
$5,953 - $8,765
Materials Management Manager (Principal Executive/Manager E)
With more than 40,000 employees who are dedicated to making Oregon a fantastic place to live, work, and play, the State of Oregon enterprise is comprised of a diverse group of employees who are passionate about public service. At the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality, employees have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and supportive team of mission-focused individuals tasked with maintaining, restoring, and enhancing the quality of Oregon’s air, land, and water. Here is a video about DEQ: https://youtu.be/iP3K7JoLe1k
The Oregon Department of Environmental Quality has a full-time opportunity for a Materials Management Manager (Principal Executive/Manager E) in Portland, Oregon.
Please consider joining an innovative team, and work to advance our agency’s mission to protect and improve Oregon’s environmental quality. The Land Quality Division supports the agency's mission by managing environmental cleanups, assessing cleanup sites, promoting manufacturing and recycling of non-toxic commercial products, safely managing the disposal of solid and hazardous wastes, overseeing the state's underground storage tank and heating oil tank programs, ensuring timely response and cleanup of spills of oil and hazardous materials, and regulating safe discharge of ballast water to state waters.
The Materials Management section plans and implements policies and programs to reduce impacts of materials and products throughout their full life cycle, from design and production, through distribution, consumption and use, and management at end-of-life.
What you will do!
As the Materials Management Manager, you will manage the day-to-day operations of the Materials Management section. You will supervise staff and actively engage in DEQ’s organizational health efforts to ensure that DEQ is an employer of choice.
What’s in it for you!
The opportunity to work in a productive and creative environment where no two days are ever the same! We offer medical, dental, and vision health benefits with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave, and 10 paid holidays a year. Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program: If you are employed by a government or not-for-profit organization, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). Learn more to see whether you qualify at PSLF Program. If you are passionate about Oregon's environment, apply today!
This is a full-time, management services-supervisory position.
This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
What are we looking for?
- 3 years of management experience in a public or private organization, which included responsibility for each of the following: development of program rules and policies, development of long and short range goals and plans, program evaluation, and budget preparation.
- Policy and program development experience in materials management, including product stewardship, waste reduction, and waste management.
- Management experience in a government agency or organization; management experience with a union represented employer.
- Demonstrated ability to advise executives and other decision-makers; excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in the flexibility necessary to lead from big picture, while managing multiple priorities and accounting for details
- Experience in strategic planning, plan implementation, and change management.
- Ability and experience managing human, financial, and informational resources in a manner that instills employee and public trust, and accomplishes the organization's mission.
- Proven experience fostering teamwork among subordinates; experience coaching, mentoring, and motivating subordinates.
- Skill and experience in communication and outreach to underrepresented communities.
- Ability to build partnerships across diverse community and stakeholder groups and interests.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please follow the “Apply” link above and complete the online application and all supplemental questions.
Please be sure to attach a resume and cover letter. Please include your name in the file names for your resume and cover letter.
**Please be sure to check both your e-mail and Workday account for updates regarding this recruitment.**