If you have a job opening related to sustainable materials management, please send us a short description including position, company, location, salary, application deadline, and a link to more information.
Position: Program Supervisor - Public Works
Agency: Marion County
Location: Salem, OR
Salary: $30.26 - $40.51 Hourly
Job Type: Full-Time Regular
Application Deadline: 9/14/2020 11:59 PM Pacific
LEARN MORE AND APPLY HERE
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Manages a mid-size program within a division, including supervision of program staff, development of programs and policies, and management of program budget. Performs related duties as required.
Works under the general supervision of the Environmental Services Division manager who assigns work, establishes goals, and reviews the results obtained for overall effectiveness through the analysis of performance, reports, and conferences.
Exercises full supervision over employees, student interns, and volunteers; participates in selection of new personnel, provides for training, evaluates performance, responds to grievances, takes disciplinary action, and recommends personnel actions.
Typical Duties - Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervise and coordinate Program Staff for Solid Waste fee collection sites, Marion County Parks and Waste Reduction.
- Will travel to work sites.
- Assigns, reviews, coordinates, and evaluates work of staff.
- Participates in employee selection, training, performance evaluation, and discipline.
- Responsible for establishing standards and processes for Programs.
- Oversee budget and project timelines for Programs supervised.
- Prepares studies reports, plans, specifications, procedures, and contracts related to Programs supervised.
- Update BOC (Board of Commissioners) on Program related issues as needed.
- Coordinate/participate in Commissions and Councils as needed to assure Marion County residents are able to provide feedback related to Programs.
- Responsible for assuring staff are aware of safety rules and procedures.
Requirements for the Position
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Four (4) year college degree with major course work in related field; AND
- Three (3) years work experience in related field; AND
- One (1) year experience in supervision (may be concurrent with above experience); OR
- Any satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience relevant to the position.
- Must possess a current driver's license in the applicant's state of residence and an acceptable driving history. Marion County will obtain a copy of the driving record for all qualified applicants from Driver and Motor Vehicle Services and review the driving record according to the Marion County policy and procedure for Driving on County Business. The policy can be found at: http://apps.co.marion.or.us/APAP/.
- The finalist for this position may be required to pass a criminal history background check; however, conviction of a crime may not necessarily disqualify an individual for this position.
- This assignment is not represented by a union.
- This is a full-time position, which is not eligible for overtime.
- Work Schedule: Fri. - Tues. 8:00am - 5:00pm with flexibility depending upon the needs of the department and program.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY
- Considerable knowledge of: program area; strategic planning.
- Skill in: coaching and motivating employees; preparing and maintaining a budget; operating a computer; preparing statistical reports; public speaking; grant-writing and/or fundraising.
- Ability to: supervise employees and coach for optimum performance; effectively communicate in both oral and written form; prepare clear and concise reports; compile and analyze statistical information; establish and maintain effective, professional, and collaborative working relationships with staff, the public, clients, and other agencies.
Operates a motor vehicle; sees using depth perception; stands; sits; moves about the work area; lifts up to 25 lbs.; operates a keyboard; speaks clearly and audibly; reads a 12 pt. font; hears a normal level of speech; works in wet and uneven areas and areas exposed to heat and cold.