Development of Battery Collection Best Practices and Labeling Feedback
EPA is hosting virtual feedback sessions to provide input on new Bipartisan Infrastructure Law initiatives about end-of-life battery collection and labeling. On June 30th from 12:00 p.m.–1:30 p.m. (Eastern Time), EPA will hold a feedback session for all stakeholders involved in the battery lifecycle, including battery manufacturers; battery retailers; battery recyclers; consumers and businesses that purchase batteries; companies in the electric vehicle management chain; and tribal, state, and local government agencies to provide input on new battery recycling initiatives. EPA is seeking feedback on:
• What types of batteries should EPA include in the best practices for collection (e.g., small consumer batteries, electric vehicle and grid storage batteries, industrial batteries, etc.)?
• What are the current barriers to safe and effective battery collection and recycling?
• What practices exist to improve battery collection and recycling, especially to increase the safe recovery of critical minerals?
• What types of communication and outreach activities are most useful to reach key battery stakeholders?
• What existing labeling programs should EPA use to inform a new labeling program?