AOR 2021 Legislative Update
The 2021 Legislative Session is one of the busiest in recent memory. There are several pieces of legislation that AOR's Legislative Committee has already made recommendations on to the AOR Board. As of today, here is the list of bills that AOR will support or oppose. This is only a partial list of proposed legislation that impact our industry this session. The AOR Legislative Committee will continue to monitor other bills and provide additional recommendations as those bills make their way through committees througout the session.
- HB 2065: Modernizing Oregon’s recycling system
- HB 2395: Permits use of non-wood renewable fiber in recycled paper checkout bags
- HB 2618: Directs DEQ to study methods for disposal of sharps waste
- HB 2698: Right to repair consumer electronic equipment
- HB 2955: Establishes product stewardship program for HHW
- SB 289: Directs office of Governor, in consultation with Racial Justice Council’s Environmental Equity Committee, to study law related to environment and provide results to interim committees no later than Sept 15 2022
- SB 570: Establishes product stewardship for mattresses
- SB 573: Establishes Bottle Bill Expansion Task Force
- SB 536: Repeals single-use checkout bag ban
- SB 537: Repeals regulation that restricts food and beverage provider or convenience store from providing single-use plastic straws other than at the consumer’s request
If you missed AOR's Legislative Preview Webinar sponsored by Rogue Disposal and Recycling on January 19th, you can view the recording here.