PA ReMaDe Conference: Advancing Circular Economy
Offered by the Pennsylvania Recycling Markets Center, the PA ReMaDe Conference, themed Advancing Circular Economy, will be held September 18-19, 2019 at the Historic Hotel Bethlehem, Bethlehem, PA.
What is a circular economy? A circular economy is an alternative to a traditional linear economy (make, use, dispose) in which we keep resources in use for as long as possible, extract the maximum value from them whilst in use, then recover and regenerate products and materials at the end of each service life. – WRAP UK
The PA ReMaDe Conference strives to connect people involved with recycling, materials management, and manufacturing to the opportunities of circular economy. Topics in finding the most purposeful circular uses of discarded materials and products will be discussed. Services and tools that expedite advancement of circularity will be presented. This includes creation of business growth impacts through reuse, repurposing, refurbishment, repair, remanufacture, reprocessing, and upcycle of materials and products. Session topics include:
- Circularity of the Glass Industry
- Circularity of the Fiber Industry
- Organics Recycling: Nature’s Circular Economy
- Circular Systems in Plastics Recovery
- Life Cycle Analysis
- EPA Sustainable Materials Management
- Pennsylvania Showcase of Circularity – Learn from our manufacturers
- Bringing the Global Circular Economy to our Neighborhood
- Assistance Tools for Building a Circular Economy
- Venture Investing, Building the Infrastructure of Circularity
- How Consumer Brands are Leaders to Circular Economy
- Does Sustainable Materials Management Bridge to a Circular Economy?
- Advancing Circular Economics in Electronics Recovery
The keynote speaker of the PA ReMaDe Conference is Tom Szaky, CEO and founder of TerraCycle. Tom has worked to establish unique take back systems and recycled content product manufacturing in conjunction with major consumer brand companies, citizen-stakeholders, and governmental bodies leading to greater global circularity and producer responsibility. As founder and CEO of TerraCycle, Tom operates TerraCycle in 21 countries, working with some of the world’s largest brands, retailers and manufacturers to create national platforms to recycle products and packaging. Tom and TerraCycle have received hundreds of social, environmental and business awards and recognition from a range of organizations including the United Nations, World Economic Forum, Schwab Foundation, Fortune Magazine and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
A discounted room block is available until August 27, mention “Recycling Markets Center” for the discount. The conference packet, including registration, schedule, session summaries, and sponsorship options can be found at www.pennrmc.org. For detailed questions, please phone 717.948.6660 or email PAReMaDe@PennRMC.org.