AOR seeks new legislative committee members
The Association of Oregon Recycler's Legislative Committee is recruiting new members!
The purpose of the committee, is to discuss materials management-related bills, provide feedback and make recommendations to the AOR Board to support, protest or remain neutral on bills introduced to the Oregon Legislature. The committee is comprised of 11 members and includes haulers, governments, consultants, processors/recyclers, businesses and non-profit representatives. There are currently 5 members of the committee with expired terms and we are seeking applications for the following spots:
1) Individual-at-large (2 year term)
2) Hauler (2-year term)
3) Government (2-year term)
4) Consultant (2-year term)
5) Processor/recycler (2 year term)
During their term, committee members are expected to:
1. Attend and fully participate in meetings and/or provide timely feedback via email.
2. Review information provided by the Legislative Chair and other members of the committee.
3. Be knowledgeable about the interests of the AOR membership sector that you represent on the committee to ensure that the perspectives you bring to the committee represent the collective interests and views of that sector.
4. Abide by the discussion ground rules developed by the committee.
A full version of the charter can be reviewed here on AOR's website: https://oregonrecyclers.org/about/committees#legislative