Recycling Modernization Act: New FAQs and more available on DEQ's website
DEQ developed in-depth explanatory materials to help people understand the Recycling Modernization Act and how different businesses, organizations and communities may be affected when the law is implemented. The law becomes effective January 1, 2022 and program changes begin July 2025.
- New Frequently Asked Questions
- Preguntas frecuentes y sus respuestas en Español, estarán listas proximamente
- Summary of producer obligations and definitions
- Implementation timeline - Updated
- Full text of Senate Bill 582 now available in Spanish:
Awaiting announcement for Governor appointments
Applications for both the Truth in Labeling Task Force and Oregon Recycling System Advisory Council (ORSAC) have closed. DEQ will share information about appointments made by the Governor when it becomes available.
Visit RecyclingAct.Oregon.gov to sign up for email notifications, announcements and ongoing updates about implementation.