Recycler of the Year Awards
Each year, AOR selects individuals and organizations to receive Recycler of the Year Awards. These award winners have made exceptional contributions to recycling and waste prevention in Oregon.
Award recipients typically demonstrate the following:
- Enhancement of materials management through waste prevention, recycling, composting, innovation, upstream impacts, or market development.
- A long-term commitment to waste prevention, recycling, market development, or community involvement.
- Innovation in proposing or implementing new, modified, or unique technologies, processes, or promotion.
- Economic benefits in terms of reduced costs to businesses, organizations, or the public.
- Transferability of recycling or waste prevention programs, processes, or efforts.
Congratulations to the 2017 Recycler of the Year Award winners:
Recycler of the Year - Collector/Processor
Recycler of the Year - Government Employee
David McCall, Tillamook County
Recycler of the Year - Nonprofit
Birch Community Services
Recycler of the Year - Company/Organization
Fort George Brewery
Recycler of the Year - Education/Promotion Program
The ReBuilding Center
Alice Soderwall Reuse and Waste Prevention Award
Oregon Food Bank Network
Recycler of the Year Award Winners
For year-by-year details about the winners, click on the appropriate year below.